Call for Participation
Be a speaker or lead a workshop
From February 5 – 8, 2014 in Amsterdam, the theme “Languages of Interaction Design” will guide the overall experience of Interaction14.
Interaction14 seeks inspiration from the Interaction Design community and related disciplines, like Industrial Design, Ethnography, Visual Communication and Architecture. You’re invited to submit proposals for Short Talks (10 minutes, aka Lightning Talks), Full-length Talks (45 minutes), Half day Workshops and Full day Workshops.
Our professional association represents 55,000 interaction designers. We expect 800 professionals from companies like Facebook, Google, Microsoft and a range of design consultancies.
- Make valuable connections with peers, potential clients and employers
- Your talk or workshop will impact our discipline.
- You will be compensated for your efforts.
- It will be fun!
Your talk or workshop topic
We are looking for people from diverse expertise, experience and backgrounds to be speakers and lead workshops. We want to create a balanced experience during this conference and will give every speaker the opportunity to give us their point of view.
Selection is based on the quality of your proposal, but also based on the alignment with the overall experience we want to create during Interaction14. We want to ensure that the conference follows a narrative that will entertain and enlighten our attendees.
- September 1 – Deadline to submit applications at
- October 15 – We will inform all speaker and workshop applicants if they have been selected
Checklist: What we need from you
- A 500 word description of your talk or workshop topic
- 50 words on how your experience relates to this particular area
- 100 words on why your topic is a good fit for Interaction14.
- 50 words on what knowledge is needed by the audience, so we can leverage their expectations
- A 250 words Biography, to know more about you
- To evaluate your speaking ability, provide a video link of you giving a talk
We encourage you to submit as many proposals as you want, provided it fits your area of expertise.